Bioinformatics Collaborations and Services
The NCGR Bioinformatics group delivers advanced, comprehensive bioinformatics analytics and interpretation. We offer a suite of standard as well as custom analytical approaches, pipelines and methodologies to support various aspects of sequence analysis covering all kingdoms of life. Please contact
to discover how we can help move your research forward.
- Genome and Transcriptome SNP and Small Indel Discovery: Alignment of short sequence read data to a genome and transcriptome reference to predict single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and indels.
- RNA-Seq Expression Analysis: Alignment of RNA sequencing reads to a genome or transcriptome reference, read-count based expression and differential expression reports.
- De novo Transcript Assembly and Annotation: De Bruijn graph based transcriptome assembly with annotation of predicted peptides using protein motif databases.
Collaborative Work and Custom Assistance:
- Project planning & experimental design assistance
- Quality validation and data pre-processing
- Analysis of data from the major sequencing platforms
- Collaborations on grants and contracts
- Improving genomic assembly projects using PacBio long reads
- Hybrid short/long read genome assemblies
- Pure PacBio long read genome assemblies
- Epigenomics analysis
- ChIP seq analysis
- Small RNA analysis